< .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Massachusetts Liberal

Observations on politics, the media and life in Massachusetts and beyond from the left side of the road.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

He didn't inhale

It's comforting to know that the spiritual head of the 14,000-member New Life Church says he only bought methamphetamine -- but didn't use it. Or that he didn't have an inappropriate massage from a gay prostitute who he originally claimed he did not know.

I believe there is one word that accurately describes Ted Haggard and the National Association of Evangelicals and I believe that word is hypocrite. (Who says liberals don't believe in anything?)

It's also lots of fun to watch Pat Robertson take pot shots at Haggard and Dick Armey and James Dobson toss punches back and forth. I guess I never really understood the meaning of the term Christian values.

After all, according to President Decider I am a traitorous liberal who hates my country and all the things it stands for -- like the Constitution. I believe in coddling terrorists and wanting to fight them over here instead of over there. And I want to pollute the minds of our children with horrible things like evolution.

And of course I want to destroy the family by condoning homosexuality and tempt children with drugs. No, check that. If I did that I would be a Compassionate Conservative Christian.

Coming on top of the Mark Foley scandal and the revelation that the GOP, much like the Catholic Church, was more intent to protect their own than the children they preyed upon, I hope we may finally be seeing the end of the ability of Theocons to impose their warped, tunnel vision view on the rest of us.

These folks should remember there are other commandments -- like thou shalt not lie. And that refresher course should start at the top -- with W and Darth. And please -- spare me the sermons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home