< .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Massachusetts Liberal

Observations on politics, the media and life in Massachusetts and beyond from the left side of the road.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

There they go again

When I was trained as a reporter, I learned that "new" is the root of news and it's designed to signify something noteworthy that has happened. I guess things have changed.

How else can you explain this stunning piece of "enterprise" from the official house organ of the Kerry Healey campaign?

In the continuing effort to make mountains out of molehills, the Herald kills trees in search of an explanation of why Jesse Jackson has not been actively involved in the Deval Patrick campaign.

I know I have lost sleep at night pondering that question and so I thank the Herald for telling me that it may something to do with the race-related issues the two have been involved with together over the years.

Maybe, just maybe, the answer is similar to that of why Mitt Romney has been absent from the Healey campaign? Namely, both are controversial figures who do nothing to advance the cause of their respective candidates.

But then again, Romney is Healey's boss, so his absence is far more revealing than that of Jackson. To my training, Romney's absence is news, Jackson's is not. But hey, what do I know?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home