Where have I heard that before?
A lazy Saturday calls for a lazy recap of favorite subjects, what is probably known in other circles as beating the same dead horse:
- The duplicity of Mendacious Mitt is starting to attract more attention. Check out this Associated Press account -- or better yet this Herald look at the packaging of the Mittser (thanks to BMG since the Herald has already put the story behind the $$$ wall)
- Tommy Menino really does like to stick his nose into everything except the day-to-day business of urban mechanic. I guess he's worried about a Finneran challenge to his sixth term.
- Where's the quid pro quo for the donations to the Patrick inaugural? And while the Globe very nicely gave us the latest hyperventilation of GOP boss Brian Dodge, they only gave us "some" of the donors. What about running the full list on boston.com and letting us judge for ourselves? Wouldn't that be a good use of the politics blog that hasn't been updated for two days, as of this writing?
- Can someone please tell me the difference in thinking between Defense Secretary Robert Gates contention that the "surge" will lead to a "draw down and the infamous if potentially apocryphal Vietnam declaration that "we had to destroy the village to save it."
- Doesn't the Globe have better things to editorialize about than the San Diego Chargers' ticket sales policy?