Easing back in
Back into the world, but this change in weather is a bit of a shock... Thanks to all of you who actually checked in while I was gone! While I get back up to speed, a few quick thoughts...
- Deval Patrick needs to learn the term "appearance of a conflict of interest." And that nothing you do as governor is "personal," particularly not when it involves one of the nation's largest financial institutions. Is there no foul here? Probably. Was it a smart move? Nope.
- Do the Globe section editors talk to each other? While they lead the paper with the Patrick phone call, they place a very related story in business without an apparent links or references. This story would seem to indicate there's little to fear, policy-wise, from a poorly placed call.
- Truth be told, the best thing to do in the case of Ann Coulter is to ignore her -- which is why she tries so hard to get attention with short hemlines and outrageous comments. But I'm going to be a bit outrageous myself here. What does it say about the Myth Romney straw poll "win" when the people who voted for him gave her a standing O?
- The depth of Myth Romney is truly awesome -- hair, the French, PowerPoint campaign memos. You can't drown in a puddle. No wonder he's already out of the first tier, accepting Young Nazi endorsements and doing what he does best, gaming the system.
- This story probably is just skimming the surface of the reasons why the CharlieCard will not solve the MBTA's revenue problems. Hope mine really was refilled as it was supposed to as part of the monthly pass system. Too cold to walk today...