Points to ponder...
... when not worrying how Paris Hilton will survive doing time in the slammer.
- Has anyone asked Bernie McGuirk how he feels about sharing the airwaves with convicted felon Tom Finneran? And just how many sides does George Regan have to his mouth? And why did the Globe rollback of a Page One story on the WRKO publicity stunt run on the obits pages? Stay in New York Bernie, and take George with you.
- My sympathy level is just about as deep for our Aqua Teen Hunger Force friends if they didn't manage a better deal out of Turner Broadcasting. Hey guys, your 15 minutes ended a long time ago.
- Enterprise reporting apparently ain't what it used to be. After all, you can only run down speeding tickets for so long. Sure glad there aren't any serious issues confronting us.
- Is there another human being on the planet, aside from George Bush, who thinks Alberto Gonzales is qualified to do anything aside from breathing?
- There may be hope for Myth Romney after all in capturing the Looney Right. And it's also reassuring to realize he's adding immigration to his acrobatic repertoire.
- Anyone else as depressed as I was after watching the tribute to Walter Cronkite's 90th birthday? Aside from the sorry reflection on the state of journalism (hello again Paris!), it was sobering to recall all the turmoil of the '60s -- and how little we have learned. Take Cronkite's reporting from Vietnam, substitute Iraq and who would know?