Points to ponder
Reflections on a slow Sunday...
- The Times' extensive magazine story/book preview on Hillary Clinton's "evolving" Iraq strategy leaves me to ask -- yeah so what? Jeff Gerth doesn't win investigative journalism awards in my mind based on his reporting over Whitewater and Wen Ho Lee.
- If we are fighting them over there so we don't have to fight them over here -- why are homegrown extremists now the emerging threat? Could it be that the Muslim world is outraged by our continued presence in the Mideast -- which Bush is now looking to lock us into for decades?
- Not that he's asking my opinion, but I would suggest that Pope Benedict XVI not ask Bernie Law to join him on any trip to Boston.
- Mitt Romney is starting to remind folks in Iowa of Mike Dukakis (and not in a good way). Anyone know if he's reading Swedish Land Use Planning in addition to L. Ron Hubbard?
- Conservatives are hot and bothered because George Bush is questioning their patriotism over their failure to fall in line on immigration. Welcome to the club folks.
- The Cleveland Cavaliers in the NBA Finals? It seems like only yesterday they were known as the Cadavers. Maybe there is hope for long-suffering Celtics fans.