< .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Massachusetts Liberal

Observations on politics, the media and life in Massachusetts and beyond from the left side of the road.

Friday, August 10, 2007

So many gaffes, so little time

How could I have missed such a juicy Myth moment?

Asked by a potential Iowa voter why his five sons are not in serving in the war he so proudly supports, Myth offered up this classic:
"One of the ways my sons are showing support for our nation is helping to get me elected.”
Not quite the same of Jenna and Barbara Bush partying their way through Daddy's Crusade, but open to such possibilities. Such as:

Does Josh's RV have armor to protect him from IEDs?

Did Tagg practice his answer to avoid the Cheneyesque "I had better things to do" response? I especially like the "“If I was ever called upon to serve my country" line since there is no draft.

And I can't help but be struck by Tagg's choice of employment: a marketing job for the Los Angeles Dodgers. Seems appropriate given his father's commitment to Massachusetts -- although some would call it treason.

None of this rises to the level of hypocrisy of Myth's conversion to the anti-abortion cause and how he hopes to buy his way to a "victory" in this weekend's Ames straw poll.

But at least he now knows how many counties there are in Massachusetts as well as Iowa.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home