< .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Massachusetts Liberal

Observations on politics, the media and life in Massachusetts and beyond from the left side of the road.

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Whose values?

Let me get this straight: I believe in the fact that all human beings should be treated with respect until proven otherwise. I believe in the rule of law. I believe that the environment is a treasure we hold for future generations and we have no right to spoil it. I believe it is wrong to lie, cheat and steal. I believe it is wrong to kill men, women and children -- civilians and soldiers -- in a war without justification or end.

So why is it that I am not a "values voter?"

Is it because I don't believe in a narrowly focused, socio-religious political agenda -- and that I think it is wrong to impose that world view on others?

Just checking.

Labels: ,


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home