Thoughts from here and there as the holiday news slowdown approaches like a Nor'easter. Maybe the candidates can lend us their shovels for a few days?
- If Bubba is Elvis, then Hillary is looking at a Blue Christmas. The latest CNN-Gallup poll showing Clinton and Barack Obama in a virtual tie in New Hampshire can't be cause for celebration in Hillaryland. And it's not, judging by the nasty barbs being pointed Obama's way.
- One of the many reasons to fret about the impending weekend storm is the potential to ground one of the stranger, quirkier campaign stunts -- the Ron Paul blimp. Re-enacting the Boston Tea Party from the air? What kind of tea are they using?
- What if the gave a presidential debate and nobody cared?
- The former governor of Arkansas (no not that one) does seem to have a gift for words. Still I don't really think a presidential campaign is a place to learn about good (and bad) theological concepts.
- At last, an honor for Alberto Gonzales. Oops, never mind.