Here, there, everywhere, again
Thought while waiting to dig out the shovel again...
- Bill Galvin is running for governor. Michael Flaherty is running for mayor. How else do you explain the great political interest after a storm some have called the Blizzard of '78 without the snow. The interesting stories don't outweigh the nightmare commutes -- or the reality that those little blue "Evacuation Route" signs are a fraud.
- Will Major League Baseball do anything about the stain that tarnishes it and every sport while multimillionaires use performance-enhancing drugs to get an edge? The fact that fingers left over after whining about the snow were pointed the Mitchell Report tells me all I need to know.
- The Globe proves rather conclusively that it knows how to count noses far better than Deval Patrick.
- The dollar is in the toilet. The Constitution is in shreds. Congress is tied in knots by a Republican minority intent on dragging everyone down its its level. And the hot campaign issue is whether Mormons believe Jesus and Lucifer are brothers?
- The only thought more terrifying would be Belichick for President.