< .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Massachusetts Liberal

Observations on politics, the media and life in Massachusetts and beyond from the left side of the road.

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Second class status

Fishing the Comcast e-mail out of the trash (smart junk mail evaluation system) I find a subject "Important: Get Your New McAfee Security Benefit," telling me to go to the Comcast Security Channel and download my $120 package "compliments of Comcast."

Sorry, I have a Mac.

Apparently the honchos in Philadelphia haven't been reading the trades -- or the MSM -- showing the Apple's market share is rising, helped along by such popular products as IPods or IPhones (I guess you can't Comcast Digital Voice on an IPhone).

It is truly annoying that at this stage of the game, a company as large as Comcast ignores a small but growing (and vocal) segment of the market, relegating us to second class status.

Memo to Comcast: I'll take the $120 instead. And your "Important" e-mails will continue to be filtered as junk.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaah, yes. The Santorum loving Comcast empire. Macs are great for them as long as they stay in the marketing images and that's about as far as it goes. As a Mac user, I'm less fed-up with Comcast's lack of Mac support than I am with a certain Cambridge-based university credit union that wanted me to uninstall the most recent version of Firefox and install one that's over a YEAR OLD because they don't support any other browser for Macs besides the long abandoned Internet Explorer. Nice, eh?

December 12, 2007 11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home