Mr. Grumpy's reflections
A few random thoughts here and there...
- Why is there no similar outrage over the remarks of John McCain-backer John Hagee compared to the vitriol heaped on Barack Obama for the words of Jeremiah Wright? Jon Stewart takes his usual good look here. And for anyone who cares to really understand Wright, try this New Yorker article.
- Coffee or tea? Coke of Pepsi? Clinton or Obama? Stewart or Colbert?
- See what happens when you take a good reporter like Charlie Savage out of Washington and away from the all-knowing crowd? For all the angst over Clinton v. Obama there's still a deep, deep reservoir of antipathy to the GOP out in the heartland, away from the cynicism of the Beltway boys and girls -- who, if you recall, have been wrong virtually all the time during this campaign.
- Here's breaking news for you: state troopers are running speed traps on the Mass Pike and parking rules are being ignored. Will wonders never cease? How can we live without this startling news?
- Hopefully there will never be a link between the state of the Longfellow Bridge and the cleanliness of the Charles.