< .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Massachusetts Liberal

Observations on politics, the media and life in Massachusetts and beyond from the left side of the road.

Sunday, January 04, 2009

Dem newspaper home delivery blues

The Detroit newspapers have nothing on the outfit that delivers the Boston Globe and New York Times. These guys suspend home delivery all the time.

It comes as no surprise to regular readers that I have issues with the way the local newspapers are delivered. What had once been quality delivery of the Times has become as ragged as that of the Globe -- which quite frankly has always stunk.

Latest "service quality" update: two weeks running now, the carrier has seemed to omit the Sunday Times. Last week, that "omission" also included the Globe. A redelivery request was about as productive as the initial effort but this week that Glob did appear on my doorstep. Alone.

What they always seem to forget as that customers pay in advance -- and at a premium -- for the "service." I will save 60 cents by schlepping out the door and buying the Times on the newsstand. I won't see the $5.60 credit for a paper that I paid for last month until sometime around when the crocuses start blooming.

The "concerned" inquiry from the Globe will probably come Tuesday morning when I'm at work -- wondering if I got that morning's paper and inviting me to call if I have a problem on that day.

You wonder why newspapers are dying? Here's a very tangible but often forgotten factor. Especially by the powers that be that are running said newspapers into the ground.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, sometimes delivery service is bad (One time I was told it was too hard to get to my house) but have to say that there are some good delivery people. My latest Globe delivery person is great - the paper is there every morning, right in front of the door.

January 04, 2009 3:13 PM  
Blogger Peter Porcupine said...

Odd thing - I can count - literally - on one hand the number of times the Cape Cod Times hasn't been at my door, even in winter and storms. whenI'm awake late, I hear the delivery car go by @ 4 am, rain or shine.

Why doesn't the Globe use these established delivery people? I remember asking once, and getting some haughty response that the GLOBE had a reputation, and couldn't rely on some mere regional paper's delivery system. It would appear that they do indeed have a reputation, but it isn't what they think it is.

January 04, 2009 5:42 PM  
Blogger Outraged Liberal said...

PP --I'm jealous of anyone with good delivery and some may question why I keep putting up with horrid service year after year. The problem is simply lack of newspaper boxes in the neighborhood and a store that opens long after I am awake and ready to read. That and Mrs. OL has more time in the morning than I do. But the free web is sure enticing.

Anon -- I should point out that while the carrier is not blameless, the system is ultimately at fault. The circulation bureaucracy that feeds the individual carriers and should respond in RARE misses simply does not.

January 05, 2009 5:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home