< .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Massachusetts Liberal

Observations on politics, the media and life in Massachusetts and beyond from the left side of the road.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Speechless

This is my 1,281st post and I am at a loss for words.

There's little doubt I am delighted to see George Bush head off to the Texas sunset.

But I am left with few words to describe how proud I am to be an American -- to see the concept of liberty and justice for all take on a fuller meaning today. And that is from someone who frequently believes that patriotism is the last vestige of scoundrels.

We have been living in ugly times and many things will not get better, at least not overnight. But a nation that can cast aside its doubts and fears (or at least suspend them temporarily) and produce history is a nation worthy of respect around the world.

My thoughts and best wishes are with you Barack Obama. You'll need them -- and those of millions more too -- to succeed in what lies ahead.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Paul Levy said...

Right on all counts.

January 20, 2009 5:56 AM  
Blogger SusanT said...

Hello! I work for Environment Massachusetts and am trying to get in touch with an author of this blog. I would like to work with them about spreading the word about some of the exciting things we've been getting done. My e-mail is susan.torres35@gmail.com. I hope to hear from you soon!

January 20, 2009 4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home