< .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Massachusetts Liberal

Observations on politics, the media and life in Massachusetts and beyond from the left side of the road.

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Phew, I feel better

No, not about AIG, bailouts, taxes and tolls and the general deterioration of civic life.

I feel better about something much more important: KG is back.

No question that Lebron and the Cavs are playing like the Celtics did last year. Or that the blankety-blank Lakers are stronger this year. Or that the Green have been maddeningly inconsistent.

But if Kevin Garnett can shake off his scoring rust after one quarter and get the team to hold its opponent (the not-so-shabby San Antonio Spurs) to 77 points on their own home floor in only 15 minutes of playing time, well, things are looking up again.

The Green have 12 games to get healthy going into the true sign of spring: The Playoffs. I'm liking their chances a little bit better than I did a week or so ago. These guys are truly a team -- but KG is their heart and his mere presence last night proved that.

And I need that to get through AIG, bailouts, taxes and tolls.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Bosco5601 said...

who cares about KG? It makes no difference. Cleveland has your number and I'm not sure you can make it past the Majic this year. Worry about Massachussets. Good god, you have a drunk for a senator and elmer fud for the other. Oh yeah, its a union state. Hows that working for ya? If I ever want to move there, please put a gun to my head, so I don't have to suffer thru your misery

March 22, 2009 3:24 PM  
Blogger Outraged Liberal said...

Must be a Lakers fan.

March 22, 2009 5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home