< .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Massachusetts Liberal

Observations on politics, the media and life in Massachusetts and beyond from the left side of the road.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Big Mattress

It's pretty ironic that Mrs. OL and I go out an buy a new king size bed days before the Big Mattress leaves town.

OK, while technically Charles Laquidara and the Big Mattress pulled up roots from WBCN a long time ago -- and Charles and Duane Glasscock are enjoying themselves in Hawaii -- it truly marks the end of era.

My musical needs, such as they are, changed through the years and I haven't been a regular listener for a long time. But 'BCN was an integral part of my college years and its passing -- for yet another sports talk network -- is a cause for sadness.

And yet another unwanted reminder that I'm getting old!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home