< .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Massachusetts Liberal

Observations on politics, the media and life in Massachusetts and beyond from the left side of the road.

Monday, December 07, 2009

Robo call this!

It's not often you get to hang up on a former President of the United States. But if I play my cards right, I will today.

What political wizard has a Caribbean vacation home because he told candidates that they should bombard voters with "personal" calls from themselves and various "celebrities"? During dinner.

Thanks to caller ID I had the pleasure of ignoring at least a half-dozen calls yesterday. I can't be sure because one constant annoyance came from an 800-number that declined to give the campaign name, despite federal law.

At least the Alan Khazei campaign was upfront about it. Of course, I only figured it out on the second call five minutes after I mistakenly answered the phone, expecting a real call and I didn't wait for the ID. I hung up on them twice. It's easy when you don't have to pretend being polite.

Then there is the question of the value of political loyalty of the callers. Bill Clinton's robo-call for Martha Coakley is no doubt in return for her strong support of Hillary Clinton during the presidential campaign.

What does Mike Capuano get for his support for Clinton in 1992 and 1996 and his decision to stay loyal to Bubba during the Republican coup attempt known as impeachment?

Sorry Big Dog, don't take it personally. I could say if a man answers hang up because he's going to do it to you. But that's only because I've already given the telephone hook to Capuano, Steve Pagliuca, Mike Dukakis, a local selectman and countless volunteers.

Next time I may decide on a candidate based on how few times they call me.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a nasty post.

December 07, 2009 8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home