< .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Massachusetts Liberal

Observations on politics, the media and life in Massachusetts and beyond from the left side of the road.

Friday, June 04, 2010

Pardon the interruption -- Not!

We all realize newspapers are struggling to find the right economic mix to survive and that online advertising doesn't come close to replacing the revenue that came from print display ads.

But sales departments needs to understand that ubiquity is not the same as good placement. Case in point, the highly annoying interstitial ad for a wholesale club currently running on boston.com.

I've come to accept the one interruption they beg pardon for as I try to read my story. The second, not so much. By the 12th time that blankety-blank ad came up I was swearing I had no intention of ever patronizing that store (or offering a freebie here).

Just sayin...

Labels: ,


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home