< .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Massachusetts Liberal

Observations on politics, the media and life in Massachusetts and beyond from the left side of the road.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Seriously?

War. Foreclosures. Income inequality. And the political press thinks a staged campaign stunt by an Arizona governor is news.

Even when there's proof it was all hype.

Politico offers us a story about Barack Obama looking to redress a "months-old insult" in a book by Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer confronting her on an Arizona tarmac.

Funny, but from my vantage point, the finger-wagging governor is doing the confronting. And a Republican Arizona mayor agrees.

But in our 24-7-365 conflict-obsessed media, everything gets blown up into scandals, especially when it involves Barack Obama. Look no farther than Bruins goalie Tim Thomas' decision to put the "i" in team and steal the thunder from his teammates White House honors.

No wonder the media is right down there with politicians on the public love list.

(Washington Post photo)

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger lstef1983 said...

I agree. We only have her word for what happened, as the President is too smart to get involved with Governor Brewer's brand of crazy.

January 28, 2012 9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you aware today is the day of the twitter blackout? they are planning to begin censoring. I am sad to see you cannot wait for tomorrow
When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;
I wasn't a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out

January 28, 2012 10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home